Thursday, April 2, 2009

JCP&L: Baaaad Estimators

See below: my latest complaint filed with the Jersey Board of Public Utitlies after JCP&L overestimated my electricity usage by 81.29%...and then sent me a shut-off noticed when I paid only $37.00 less than what my actual usage amounted to:

Dear BPU:
My electricity bill for the period of January 01, 2009 through March 04 of 2009 was estimated by JCP&L at $329.29. When I protested and they sent someone to read my meter, the actual usage proved to be $181.80. This means that they overestimated a total of $147.49; in other words. a 81.29% overestimation. I understand why they have to sometimes estimate but am questioning their method of estimation. My problem with them has been resolved but I would like this gross overestimation to go on record on the chance that others similarly overestimated may also complain and perhaps JCP&L can be persuaded to reanalyze their estimation methods. Because I knew I had not used that much electricity I paid by my estimation, which was under by $37.00, a 21% underestimate-quite a bit more accurate than theirs. Yet, my $37.00 underestimate still earned me a shut-off notice. Thank you for listening,
MFD


If you are receiving 'estimated' bills that seem a little high-call JCP&L (1-800-662-3115) and request an actual reading!

This just in:
Received today:
(click on the image to read)

No comments: